MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 46.16 points or 1.62% higher to 2897.41, taking the year-to-date performance to-13.90%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.73%, DBS, which gained 2.48%, UOB, which gained 1.45%, Global Logistic, which gained 3.83% and CapitaLand, with a 2.43% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.97%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.35%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 2.62%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 2.73% higher and 1.71% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which slipped 0.05%. Raffles Medical Group shares rose 0.67% and Tianjin Zhongxin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation rose 1.41%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (+1.03%), Is Msci India 100 (unchanged), Spdr Gold Shares (+0.12%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.84%), Capitacom Trust (+2.22%), Capitamall Trust (+1.29%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21800MBeCW151029 (-7.48%), HSI21600MBePW151029 (+3.73%), HSI22800MBeCW151029 (-12.12%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160128 (+20.66%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+10.69%), KepCorp MBeCW160222 (+6.71%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY PACIFIC ANDES ABOVE 0.025 TARGET 0.028 0.033 SL 0.22