MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 58.1 points or 2.08% higher to 2851.25, taking the year-to-date performance to – 15.27%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which gained 2.81%, DBS, which gained 2.36%, UOB, which gained 1.64%, OCBC Bank, which gained 2.05% and CapitaLand, with a 2.49% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 1.45%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 1.04%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which rose 2.62%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – SingTel and StarHub – ended 2.81% higher and 1.16% higher respectively.
- The under performing sector was the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which rose 0.30%. Jardine Matheson Holdings shares rose 0.79% and Jardine Strategic Holdings declined 0.04%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+2.45%), Dbxt Ft China 25 Etf 10 (+2.12%), Sti Etf (+2.11%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.15%), Capitamall Trust (+1.31%), Capitacom Trust (+2.27%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21800MBeCW151029 (+16.67%), HSI22800MBeCW151029 (+17.86%), HSI21600MBePW151029 (-23.43%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160128 (unchanged), UOB MB eCW160201 (+11.20%), CapitalaMBeCW160902 (+11.77%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY QT VASCULAR ABOVE 0.155 TARGET 0.160 170 SL 0.145