MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 2.95 points or 0.11% higher to 2790.89, taking the year-to-date performance to – 17.06%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 0.98%, SingTel, which gained 1.41%, UOB, which closed unchanged, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.57% and CapitaLand, with a 2.19% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.99%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.03%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 2.49%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 5.51% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which slipped 1.64%. Midas Holdings shares remained unchangedand NSL declined 2.40%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (+0.35%), Is Msci India 100 (+0.89%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.11%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.63%), Capitacom Trust (+1.13%), Capitamall Trust (+0.53%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW151127 (+12.16%), HSI20800MBeCW151029 (+17.69%), HSI21800MBeCW151029 (+18.57%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : UOB MB eCW160201 (-2.84%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-9.76%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+1.68%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SILVER LAKE ABOVE 0.575 TARGET 0.595 0.625 SL 0.535