MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 40.15 points or 1.37% lower to 2888.03, taking the year-to-date performance to -14.18%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.34%, Singtel, which declined 1.33%, UOB, which declined 1.67%, Global Logistic, which declined 2.40% and OCBC Bank, with a 1.31% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 1.01%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 1.07%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Industrials Index, which declined 0.65%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Jardine Matheson Holdings and Jardine Strategic Holdings – ended 1.46% higher and 1.50% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Oil & Gas Index, which slipped 2.33%. Keppel Corp shares declined 2.14% and Sembcorp Industries declined 3.42%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Ishares Usd Asia Hy Bond ETF (-0.30%), STI ETF (-1.01%), DBXT MSCI Indonesia ETF (-1.06%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.35%), CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-2.59%), CapitaLand Mall Trust (-1.05%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22200MBeCW150929 (-34.51%),HSI20800MBePW150929 (+27.38%), CN10000MBePW150929 (+5.73%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (-5.20%),OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-5.20%),UOB MB eCW160111 (-11.73%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY CORDLIFE GROUP ABOVE 1.450 TARGET 1.500 1.550 SL 1.390