MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 3.98 points or 0.14% lower to 2787.94, taking the year-to-date performance to – 17.15%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which declined 1.27%, SingTel, which gained 0.85%, OCBC Bank, which gained 0.12%, UOB, which declined 0.11% and Wilmar Intl, with a 3.08% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.66%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.32%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Technology Index, which rose 0.88%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Silverlake Axis and STATS ChipPAC – ended 1.87% higher and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which slipped 1.99%. China Everbright Water shares declined 2.46% and SIIC Environment Holdings declined 2.94%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Dbxt Msci China Trn Etf 10 (-3.57%), Sti Etf (-0.35%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.96%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+0.44%), Capitamall Trust (unchanged), Capitacom Trust (-0.38%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI21400MBeCW151127 (-25.25%), HSI21800MBeCW151029 (-43.55%), HSI20800MBeCW151029 (unchanged)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (-5.75%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (+0.85%), UOB MB eCW160201 (-26.94%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY THAI BEVERAGE ABOVE 0.710 TARGET 0.730 0.760 SL 0.670