MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 40.72 points or 1.44% lower to 2791.92, taking the year-to-date performance to -17.03%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 3.30%, OCBC Bank, which declined 2.02%, DBS, which declined 1.13%, UOB, which declined 1.28% and Ascendas Reit, with a 1.30% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.93%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.81%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Utilities Index, which rose 0.02%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – China Everbright Water and SIIC Environment Holdings – ended 1.61% lower and remained unchanged respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 4.08%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 7.76% and STATS ChipPAC remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Sti Etf (-1.38%), Spdr Gold Shares (-0.41%), Is Msci India 100 (-1.32%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (-1.30%), Capitamall Trust (-0.79%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : CN10500MBeCW151127 (-8.07%), STI 2950MBePW151231 (+10.31%), STI 3000MBeCW151231 (-14.58%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-15.71%), DBS MB eCW160201 (-13.86%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-8.64%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY ORIENTAL GROUP [5F1] ABOVE 0.115 TARGET 0.118 0.123 SL 0.110