MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 13.1 points or 0.46% lower to 2832.64, taking the year-to-date performance to – 15.82%.
- The top active stocks today were SingTel, which declined 1.62%, DBS, which declined 0.77%, OCBC Bank, which closed unchanged, UOB, which declined 0.84% and Global Logistic, with a 1.46% fall.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index declined 0.04%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index declined 0.07%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Basic Materials Index, which rose 1.94%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Midas Holdings and NSL – ended 1.92% higher and 1.43% lower respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Telecommunications Index, which slipped 1.43%. SingTel shares declined 1.62% and StarHub rose 0.56%.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : Spdr Gold Shares (+1.34%), Sti Etf (-0.35%), Is Msci India 100 (+0.59%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas Reit (+2.68%), Capitamall Trust (+0.79%), Capitacom Trust (unchanged)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : HSI22800MBeCW151029 (-12.50%), HSI21800MBeCW151029 (-8.15%), HSI19000MBePW151127 (+0.92%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : DBS MB eCW160201 (-2.89%), OCBC Bk MBeCW160111 (-3.45%), KepCorp MBeCW160201 (-7.96%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY OSIM INTL ABOVE 1.650 TARGET 1.690 1.740 SL 1.600