MARKET UPDATES :
- The Straits Times Index (STI) ended 14.59 points or 0.44% higher to 3353.45, taking the year-to-date performance to – 0.35%.
- The top active stocks today were DBS, which gained 0.85%, Singtel, which gained 0.70%, OCBC Bank, which gained 1.28%, UOB, which gained 0.30% and SGX, with a 2.08% advance.
- The FTSE ST Mid Cap Index gained 0.40%, while the FTSE ST Small Cap Index rose 0.54%.
- The outperforming sectors today were represented by the FTSE ST Health Care Index, which rose 2.69%. The two biggest stocks of the Index – Raffles Medical Group and Tianjin Zhongxin Pharmaceutical Group Corporation- ended 4.93% higher and 5.26% higher respectively.
- The underperforming sector was the FTSE ST Technology Index, which slipped 1.79%. Silverlake Axis shares declined 2.86% and STATS ChipPAC remained unchanged.
- The three most active Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) by value today were : IS MSCI India (+1.19%) , DBXT MSCI Asia Ex Japan ETF (unchanged) , SPDR Gold Shares (-0.86%)
- The three most active Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) by value were : Ascendas REIT (-1.22%) , CapitaLand Mall Trust (unchanged) , CapitaLand Commercial Trust (-0.33%)
- The most active index warrants by value today were : CN14000MBeCW150929 (+6.25%), HSI26400MBeCW150828 (unchanged) , HSI25000MBePW150828 (-2.48%)
- The most active stock warrants by value today were : SGX MB eCW160105 (+5.52%) , UOB MB eCW151001 (+4.21%) , OCBC Bk MBeCW151201 (+9.65%)
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY SMART CORP [S53] ABOVE 1.460 TARGET 1.500 1.560 1.650