MARKET UPDATES :
- ONLINE gambling will soon be prohibited in Singapore, if the Remote Gambling Bill – tabled for the first time in Parliament on Monday – is passed Through a set of blocking measures – including website and payment blocking – the government will outlaw and criminalize all remote gambling activities, defined as gambling through means such as the Internet, telephone or other kinds of communications technology.
- DUTCH Bank ABN Amro on Monday announced the launch of an Asian corporate finance advisory business which will be based in Singapore. This team will originate as well as execute cross-border merger and acquisitions in Australia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea and Japan. It will also provide equity capital markets capabilities in Singapore.
- RESALE prices of non-landed private homes rose a slight 0.4 per cent on flat sales volume in August, compared with July. August’s price gain was led by the city area and city fringes, which reported increases of 4.8 per cent and 1.5 per cent respectively.
- STARHUB customers now have access to 4G data roaming services on 25 mobile networks across 21 countries – the largest number of roaming destinations so far, the telco said on Monday. STARHUB customers now have access to 4G data roaming services on 25 mobile networks across 21 countries – the largest number of roaming destinations so far, the telco said on Monday.
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- Buy Jardine cycle above 44.550 TG 44.750, 45.050, 45.450 SL 44.250