MARKET UPDATES :
- SINGAPORE Airlines’ (SIA) partnerships with India’s Tata Sons and Air New Zealand (Air NZ) appear promising but key uncertainties still need to be addressed, OCBC Investment Research analyst Eugene Chua wrote in a note. SIA and Tata are planning to begin flights in October by a new jointly owned carrier, Vistara, to serve the Indian market.
- Fund managers of collective investment schemes (CIS) from each of Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand can now sell directly to retail investors in the other two Association of South-east Asian Nations (Asean) countries. The change comes with the launch on Monday of the Asean CIS Framework, which is part of plans to integrate regional capital markets.
- CONSUMER price inflation in Singapore eased more than expected to 1.2 per cent in July from 1.8 per cent in June, mainly on account of lower private road transport costs due to a high base a year ago.
- THE Aspire Committee, set up by the government to help polytechnic and Institute of Technical Education (ITE) graduates get the right jobs and move up the career ladder, has completed its work.
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY OLAM INTERNATIONAL ABOVE 2.590 TG2.630.2.680 SL 2.540