MARKET UPDATES :
- DBS Group Research said on Thursday that although it likes Singapore banks’ resiliency with strong asset quality and superior capital, catalysts are limited versus ASEAN peers apart from being a safe haven
- SINGTEL could dish out potential special dividends of 5.5 cents a share if it divests its 26.1 per cent stake in SingPost, a non-core investment which has been targeted by China’s e-commerce giant Alibaba. Jack Ma’s Alibaba is investing S$312.5 million for a 10 per cent interest in SingPost to bolster its logistics business.
- [SINGAPORE] Shares in semiconductor firm STATS ChipPAC Ltd jumped as much as 16.7 per cent on Thursday in strong volume on renewed talk on the sale of the company.
- CORPORATE deals in Singapore outpaced those in Malaysia and Indonesia, making it a stand out performer in the region with 143 deals worth some US$18.7 billion recorded over the first half of the year.
STOCK RECOMMENDATION :
- BUY COMFORTDELGRO LTD ABOVE 2.500 TG 2.540, 2.580, 2.640 SL 2.440