• Gold prices eased in Asia on Thursday in mild profit taking. On the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, gold futures for June delivery traded at $1,283.60 a troy ounce, down 0.08%, after hitting an overnight session low of $1,281.00 and off a high of $1,289.00. Overnight, gold prices rose after disappointing home sales figures reminded investors benchmark interest rates in the U.S. will remain low for the foreseeable future, a recipe for firm gold prices.
• Silver for May delivery was down 0.07% at US$19.425 a troy ounce, while copper futures for May delivery was down 0.02% at US$3.057 a pound.
• Crude oil prices rebounded in Asia on Thursday after a decline on U.S. supplies reaching an all-time high in weekly EIA data going back to August 1982. On the New York Mercantile Exchange, West Texas Intermediate crude oil for delivery in June traded at $101.58 a barrel, up 0.13%, after hitting an overnight session low of $101.21 a barrel and a high of $102.07 a barrel.
• Brent crude on the ICE Futures Exchange fell 16 cents, or 0.2%, to $109.11 a barrel on Wednesday.
• Natural carried Tuesday’s gains into Wednesday after updated weather-forecasting models continued to call for below- normal temperatures stretching across portions of the central and eastern U.S. in the coming week. On the New York Mercantile Exchange, natural gas futures for delivery in June traded at $4.776 per million British thermal units during U.S. trading, up 0.37%. The commodity hit session high of $4.802 and a low of $4. 746. The June contract settled up 0.91% on Tuesday to end at $4.758 per million British thermal units.
• The base metals were generally strong yesterday with average gains of 1.1 percent, copper bucked the trend it was down 0.2 percent at $6,657.50, while the rest were stronger, with nickel up 2.4 percent to $18,340, aluminium up 1.3 percent at $1,890 and the rest up around one percent.
NATURALGAS-NYMEX has closed @ 4.721. If it sustain above the level of 4.795, it can touch the level of 4.840 & 4.894 respectively. If it breaks the level of 4.676, it can touch the level of 4.631 & 4.575 respectively.
BUY NATURALGAS-NYMEX ABOVE 4.795 TGTS 4.840, 4.894 SL 4.735.
SELL NATURALGAS-NYMEX BELOW 4.676 TGTS 4.631, 4.575 SL 4.736.